Monday, September 28, 2009

RANDOM RANT OF THE WEEK!! (Week 9, Rant #12)


"DON'T PUSH ME, CAUSE I'M CLOSE TO THE EDGE/I'M TRYIN' NOT TO LOSE MY HEAD (A HA HA HA HA), IT'S LIKE A JUNGLE SOMETIMES, IT MAKES ME WONDER HOW I KEEP FROM GOIN' UNDER"-GrandMaster Flash and the Furious Five "The Message"

What's going on, people? I wanna 1st Thank God for blessing you (the reader) and I for waking up this morning. 2ndly, I wanna say this rant is really painful for me to even think about, let alone talk about. So please pay attention. This is serious. Chicago..wake up. For real. Here we go.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/video_derrion_albert

Now I posted this link because there is a story there that I really want you to read. There's also a video that I really want you to see. It's not a pretty sighting. In fact, it's a sickening sighting. But the fact is that it's the harsh reality of what goes on in my city that you don't know about. This ain't a movie. This is real life.

Long story short. On the southside of Chicago at Fenger High School, a gang fight broke out three blocks away. Four students were beaten, but there was one who was killed. His name was Derrion Albert. He was only 16 years old. Trying to help a friend out of that fight, he was hit in the head with a board. As he fell from that blow, he was stomped and beaten to death by a gang.

I'm not gonna try to articulate my opinion and word it right. I'mma give it to you straight up. THIS IS FUCKED UP CHICAGO!!! Seriously FUCKED UP!! That was somebody's son who did not deserve that. He did not deserve to be killed in this way. I would not wish that on any man, woman or child. But this is even more messed up. To know that people are not safe no matter where you go. See, it's not just affecting us as adults. It's not just a grown person's problem. ANYBODY CAN GET KILLED FROM JUST WALKING DOWN THE STREET!! That means it's not just a man's problem. Women and children are subject to suffer this same fate! The craziest thing is that from the past few years, Chicago has been subjected to HOMICIDES! Mostly affecting our youth. (For those who don't get what I'm saying, IT'S KILLING OUR CHILDREN!!!)

And from what?!? GANG BANGING??! Wearing ya hat a certain way?!? Certain Colors?!? THROWIN' UP RETARD ASS SIGNS WITH YOUR HANDS?!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!? That was maybe considered okay when the orignal founders of these gangs were around. Back then when these gangs were created, there was a purpose. I'm not gonna get into all of that. Just watch Gangland on the Histroy Channel. Chicago should be featured at least 6 or 7 times!!!

Like for real. I grew up on the SouthEastSide of Chicago. This was all I was surrounded by. I've even been jumped by a gang once. By the grace of God, I'm still here and I'm still standing. Thank God I was raised by a great family and a great community to not fall into that bullshit. I've got friends who were involved in it. Some still are. I've had some family involved in it. Some still are. Results varied for each of them. From leaving that life alone, to still being involved in it, to either getting locked up, drugged up or dying from it. So needless to say, I ain't in the Gang life, but I know 1st hand what the streets can do to you.

What's even more scarier for me is that our kids of the next generation gotta grow up in this madness. The kids are being killed off one by one. It's fucking with me personally because I have a son on the way. And THIS IS WHAT TYPE OF TIMES I GOTTA RAISE HIM IN?!? I gotta make sure that he's protected and well educated about how crazy this world is. Up until the point where he's old enough to manage and take care of himself. And I'LL STILL BE worried about him, maybe even more because he's older.

So my question is this....WHAT ARE YOU GANG BANGING FOR THESE DAYS?!? TO BE COOL?!? TO BE THAT NIGGA ON THE STREETS?? OR TO BE THAT BITCH ON THE BLOCK?!? The world is much bigger than yo Block!! IF YOU DOIN' BECAUSE YOUR BOYS AND YOUR GIRLS ARE DOING IT, STOP!! YOU WERE BORN ALONE, YOU'LL DIE ALONE!! AND ANYTHING THAT INVOLVES KILLING, IT'S BASICALLY STUPID!! I'M NOT RISKIN' MY LIFE FOR NOBODY UNLESS IT'S MY FAMILY (Momma, Father, Sister, Brother, Son, etc.). Real talk...it's not crazy to want better and to live. Is it?

So to the family of Derrion Albert, I send my prayers and condolences for you. Hopefully from your tragedy, we as a people will wake up and realize that this needs to stop.

To anybody that's reading this....I want you to click on that link, read the story and watch the video. Then you can see that reality that is our city. This IS a problem. It DOES need to be fixed. IMMEDIATELY!! Save our people...save our families...or you could be the next Derrion Albert.

Leave ya feedback people. God bless.

Until the next rant.....My name is Anthony D. Ingram Jr. And I'm signing out

No comments:

Post a Comment